Why hunt with Caney Creek Outfitters in Kansas?
Kansas has a well earned reputation for producing whitetails with huge antlers. Hunting magazines and outdoor television, is filled with examples of monster buck fever being cured in Kansas. Can it really be as good as they say? A quick check of the Pope and Young Record Book shows that of the top 100 entries, Kansas currently ranks #1 in the non-typical category and #2 in the typical whitetail category. Six of the top ten non-typical whitetails recorded in the Pope and Young Record Book come from Kansas! Those entries net score as follows: | 257 | 250 6/8 249 6/8 246 3/8 | 245 4/8 | and 240 inches. So it is true the record book does not lie, Kansas is the place for your bucket list whitetail hunt! You must not hunt just anywhere in Kansas however and expect a great hunt. Caney Creek Outfitters has managed their hunt properties for over twenty years! The quality of the bucks available to you on a Kansas hunt is dependent on how well the game has been managed. We manage our properties well to provide you a opportunity at taking a quality buck.
A magazine article titled “Mossy Oaks Guide to Pope and Young Hot spots” states: KANSAS IS THE #1 PLACE FOR YOU PERSONALLY TO HARVEST A POPE AND YOUNG BUCK IN THE TYPICAL OR NON-TYPICAL CATEGORY. THE ARTICLE ALSO SAYS THAT KANSAS IS YOUR BEST BET FOR A BUCK SCORING OVER 150 INCHES. Come hunt with us in the LAND OF THE GIANTS!
Some Quick Facts:
- Exclusive hunting rights to 30,000 acres of private Kansas ranch and farm ground.
- Hunting areas managed year round give you the best chance at a successful hunt.
- Flint hills region is a mix of rocky hills and tall grass prairie you’re sure to love.
- Deer densities of 60 deer per square mile in many of our hunting properties.
- In our area soils rich in minerals creates browse that grows massive antlers.
- Limited number of hunters each year means bucks reach their full potential.
- Our Lodge is located approximately 14 miles northwest of Sedan, Kansas.
- Archery hunts from the last week of October through the last week of November.
- Archery hunts are 5 full days.
- First firearms hunt is 4 days. Second hunt is 5 days.
- Mild winters enable deer to survive to grow old.
Caney Creek Outfitters suggests that you fly into Wichita Mid-Continent Airport (90 miles to the lodge) or Tulsa International Airport (95 miles from the lodge). You should rent a vehicle and drive into the lodge.