Why hunt with Caney Creek Outfitters in Kansas?
Kansas has a well earned reputation for producing whitetails with huge antlers. Hunting magazines and videos, as well as outdoor television, is filled with examples of monster buck fever being cured in Kansas. Can it really be as good as they say? A quick check of the Pope and Young Record Book shows that of the top 100 entries, Kansas currently ranks #1 in the non-typical category and #2 in the typical whitetail category. Six of the top ten non-typical whitetails recorded in the Pope and Young Record Book come from Kansas! Those entries net score as follows: | 257 | 250 6/8 | 249 6/8 | 246 3/8 | 245 4/8 | and 240 inches. So it is true the record book does not lie!
A magazine article titled “Mossy Oaks Guide to Pope and Young Hotspots” states: KANSAS IS THE #1 PLACE FOR YOU PERSONALLY TO HARVEST A POPE AND YOUNG BUCK IN THE TYPICAL OR NON-TYPICAL CATEGORY. THE ARTICLE ALSO SAYS THAT KANSAS IS YOUR BEST BET FOR A BUCK SCORING OVER 150 INCHES. Come hunt with us in the LAND OF THE GIANTS!
Some Quick Facts
- Exclusive hunting rights to over 30,000 acres of private Kansas ranch and farm ground.
- Resident landowners manage our hunt area year round so your hunt will be successful.
- The Flint hills region is a mix of rocky hills and tall grass prairie you are sure to love.
- 30 deer per square mile. More at QDMA.COM.
- Our deer have tremendous genetic potential.
- Soils rich in minerals produce massive antlers.
- Mild winters enable deer to survive to grow old.
- A very conservative buck harvest means bucks reach their full potential.
- C.C.O. take no more than 6 hunters per hunt on each of our hunt areas.
- Our Lodge is located near Sedan Kansas.
- Archery and Rifle hunts are 5 full days.
- Archery hunts are available from the last week of October through the last week of November.
- Rifle season opens the 1st Wednesday after Thanksgiving and runs for 12 days.
- Archery hunts are $3250/$3750 and firearns hunts are $3750/$4250 and include meals and lodging but does not include State of Kansas permit or license.
Caney Creek Outfitters suggests that you fly into Wichita Mid-Continent Airport (97 miles from camp) or into Tulsa International Airport (89 miles from camp) and rent a vehicle. A four wheel drive is recommended but not necessary.